Temple Hunt
[ 23:37 ]
Aargh, can't believe that on my first day out of school, I spent it on a train headed to the east, Pasir Ris!! It took me about an hour. Well, no shit, Sherlock, afterall, I live in the
west! And noooo, I didn't go all the way there to shop. Nooo, I had to be stuck in a incense filled temple, with the air killing my lungs. Great, that just how I wanted to spend my Friday night.
The trip was boring. I spend time re-reading my manga, seeing if Joo Tat mistreated them, and my ears covered with a pair of headphones blasting music. Well, not exactly, blasting, but whatever. In other words, the train ride nearly killed me with its boringness, and exotic scents. What can you expect? It was only peak hour. I was thankful to God then that I did not have a nose like Inuyasha. Imagine his sensitive nose in my predicament. Lord, he would
die!
Finding the temple wasn't as bad as the train ride. It was worse. The bus driver gave them, as in my mom and my aunt, the directions to the whatever temple they wanted to go. But we still wound up being lost, until we smacked ourselves on the head, because it was right beneath under noses. Let me explain, first, we alighted at the bus stop. But they took a wrong turn and we walked a whole round until we found ourselves at the exact same place we started off. Hansel and Gretel without the pretty stones. Ain't it beau-tiful? After a long hunt, and some really helpful directions from the few people that were actually there, we made it! It was, a miracle. The dark streets and deserted walkways weren't any help. It only fueled my overactive imagination. Hell, I got yet another inspiration to write a story. I like writing ghost/spirits stories. Those supernatural kind. But that's not important, coz it's
my story. Ano...I'm rather possessive, aren't I?
The temple was like any other temple. Smoky, ashy, the works. The difference is that this temple actually had statues of Hindu deities too, in separate altars. My aunt donated $50 for the rebuilding of the temple. After all that praying and everything, we went back to the bus stop, to find that the bus stops operating at 7:30, and it was nearly 8pm already! Yikes! We were about to call a cab when we managed to hail a taxi. Next stop, Pasir Ris' s foodcourt!
Ok, we found civilization and food, so, my mood went up a few notches, and I agreed to walk around, sightsee. Then, it was back to the long, boring train ride, and finally, home not sweet home. My home isn't sweet, it ain't pink and frilly, with icing on top. I made it back alive after all, way different from the story I created in my mind.