My...
[ 22:04 ]
That was the title for our first piece of Chinese essay. You were allowed to fill in whatever person you want, be it friend, teacher, etc etc... I wrote about my neighbor, an imaginary one, duh! All the people living around me are nice souls!
I actually wanted to write about my best friend, but I figured that it would be hard to describe Eva's character properly in Chinese. My mother tongue sucks, big-time... I can't believe I'm actually a HMT pupil...=_=
So, here's what I would have written:
She is my best friend, and my worst enemy. She knows all my weaknesses, and my strengths, while I have only her basic stats. Unpredictable is her middle name, as she can be ruthless, or nice at times Wait... I have never known her to be kind... she could never be kind. She disliked me on first sight, sadly, but we stuck together, and eventually, I think we became friends. Well, maybe not exactly friends, but allies? Sharp angles and fierce frowns, she's a wallpaper person, one who blends in crowds without being noticed. Silently, weaving her way in and out, you will never know she was ever there. Her name is Eva, a truly unusual person in her own sense.
She is taller then me, with long, reddish-brown hair, and dark eyes. Pretty? Not really, but she is ordinary-looking. Her dressing is kind of gothic, and slightly dark. If you know me, you'll see that I have adopted some of her fashion style.
Although I find her annoying at times, always criticizing me, making snide comments, I know that if she ever goes away, I'll miss her loads, maybe even more then I think I'll miss her. Sometimes, I wonder, if I'm gone, will she be sad? She's very good at keeping her emotions inside, so well at it that I can't really decipher her feelings. I used to watch her, hoping to know more about her quirks and personality, but as I mentioned, she's unpredictable. I think she was probably laughing at me inside, playing mind games with me, amusing herself. She is also the first person I know who can lie without blinking an eye, or any body language to show that she's guilty. She's a bit of a pyromaniac, and she likes things that doesn't belong to her; she has kleptomania, I think. She can never be called a coward, for breaking rules and ignoring authority is what she does best.
I look up to her, she is after all my elder, and maybe someday, we can actually be equal, not me as the follower, she as the leader.
...If I ever go away, will you remember me?