Celebration... a yawning disappointment
[ 21:14 ]
I just came back from Jurong East, they were having this celebration of some sort. Yeah, today's National Day, so obviously, there was a parade at Padang. It was boring, except for the fireworks... ooh, so
shiny.
Got out of my house at like 2:40 pm, and found the Yun Qian and her family was already waiting for me, with some of their neighbors. Argh, I hate feeling late. Honestly, I swear, they were just early! Well, off we trooped to the community club. Damn, the weather was really warm, and I was like, wearing red. So not my style, I actually wanted to wear a white shirt over the red T-shirt, [that has the Singapore logo all over it in a tacky manner] but I couldn't find it! And my mother was really unhelpful, though I know she was busy entertaining our relatives. Alson [11 months] was crawling/toddling into places he wasn't supposed to.
Red sea rising... arrived at the community club, all sweaty and argh, welcome to the club, apparently. We received our fun packs [we had tickets] and boarded the buses. Ours was bus 9. Yun Qian sat next to me, and talked. Well, she did, since I had music blaring through my headphones. Rude, I know.
We reached Jurong East at like around 3 plus? I'm not too sure, since I didn't have a watch. But it was sure boring, my mother wasn't there since she opted to arrive later, having to wait for the other relatives and etc.
The parade events went on as normal, while X Japan blasted through my headphones. I ignored the show, opting to daydream my time away while staring at the cerulean skies, with the occasional white streaks of clouds. Yun Qian and the others had left, they wanted to catch their tv show... and Eugene wasn't feeling too good.
The fireworks were so pretty, all those colors, green, red, silver, gold, blue. Even the crescent moon pales at the luminous lights.
After the whole show, we had to
squeeze with everyone to get out. It gave 'packed like sardines' a whole new definition, I must say. And sadly, the train was equally filled. I wanted to wait for the next train, but my mother refused, so we squeezed. I'm so not doing it again, argh, contamination of skin. Who knows what those people who squeezed with me touched before all the jostlings and pushing around? Gods, I don't even want to think about it.