Responsible Blogging
[ 20:50 ]
After so much incidents with bloggers brushing shoulders with the law, our school has decided to educate us on the touchy issue of blogging. It's like, there's so much restrictions holding us back, about the inappropriate topics that people like to complain about. A disclaimer here; I'm not saying that we should all start to rant about all the injustice in this world, or whether this race/religion suck due to yada yada whatever your plebian minds can think so.
Firstly, most of the blogs around [well, that I've been in contact with] belong to teenagers, and as we know, most of the things are usually said out of spite, no malice intended, and why are teachers so touchy when the students complain and comment about them behind their backs? Heck, the old skool method was to jot everything in a notebook, then pass it around the class, or gossip about it with their friends. No matter what, students ranting about their teachers isn't anything that will change over the years. [especially since kids are becoming more pampered]
Next, when someone blogs about something, it could be that they are simply just expressing how they feel, and what they wish to get off their chests. They didn't go around distributing gold gilded invitations telling people to visit their blogs and gawk at whatever they wrote. Even if they did, you can easily ignore that gaudy invitation and move on. Heck, we're not mindless sheep, following the shepherd. You don't have to read it, no one's pointing a gun to your head and forcing you to do it.
Besides, from the various blogs written by teenagers, most of them run along the lines of bad english and things like 'I wish he/she will like me' or 'Sch suxed todae, failed chem paper, chi vry bad'. Yes, our english seems to have deteriorate as we grow older, how pathetic.
Hmm, comments, checked. Rants, checked. Complains, checked. Well, that seems to be over, I'll just start on watching Season 1 of the Sopranos. Eva is really excited about it, after learning that it's violent. Haizz... I'm thinking of moving my blog to an independant host... but that way, I would be unable to post easily via Flock... [sigh] I'll sleep on it and see then.