Silent Wedding
[ 18:30 ]
I'm so sleepy... woke up at like 8 plus, nearing 9 am. My cousin was getting married, and we had to attend the lunch/tea reception. But the thing was the venue was so god damned far. One whole hour was train ride... standing all the way with only an Anita Blake book to accompany me; there's something wrong with my earphones, or else I would have brought music along.
The food was alright... it was a buffet, filled with the normal food, like noodles, fried rice, fried chicken, fruit punch, etc. My second brother didn't go, since he might have to wait for a call from the army asking him to return. So, only the three of us turned up.
Harahetta! That's my first reaction when we reached. Heck, someone gave us the wrong directions, causing us to wait for the car to pick us up at Tanah Merah. And the thing was the driver misunderstood and waited for us at the fire station while we were at the bus stop. Grr... luckily there was shelter, since the weather was darn hot.
We left at about 2 plus, even though the whole thing hadn't wrapped up yet. But there was absolutely nothing to do! The host and hostress were busy with the other guests. My other cousins did come over and chatted, but there was hardly anything my brother and I could relate to.
If, I saying a BIG IF here, I ever get married, I want to be handfasted on Beltane instead. Well, provided that the other partner is willing... and best to be wiccan too. I mean, I doubt churchs would accept 'heathens' in the sacred grounds. But I highly doubt, since I haven't seen any covens in Singapore, so no High Priest/ress. Well, that's still a far way ahead... I might turn to Dianic Wicca, instead of being eclectic... who knows what the path before me leads?
I was tired that I fell asleep on the bus... not totally asleep... I can't fall asleep in strange places. [unlike Jiroh] So, yeah, drowsing. Finally, we reached home at 4 plus! Hooray! Then I proceeded to finish the last episode of Saiyuki Reload! Totally cool show... but sadly I haven't watched Gensomaden Saiyuki... Sanzo is way cool; blonde, chain-smoking, gun-wielding monks. Have you seen any with his attitude and style?
Today's also Atiqah's birthday, and she's going out to celebrate with her family later in the evening. We were invited, by the time was so late, our parents wouldn't allow.