Fleeting Memories
[ 20:34 ]
There are times when I can actually scare myself. Weird, isn't it? You scaring your own self? But it's true. There are times that I wake up, with entirely no recollection of the previous day, or how come there are some bruises or cuts that I was certain I never had. Or done things that I can't recall doing.
This scares me, for it's like some empty void between the minutes, or hours, and I don't think that's natural. Kind of duh, ain't it? Blanking out isn't good, especially when you don't remember the details.
Sometimes, my mother mention people that I should have seen, but I can't recall their faces, not even their voices. I brush them off, it's just short term memory, isn't it? I doubt.
I don't believe that I'm going crazy, not at all, since I'm perfectly rational and logical now. Maybe it's just the lack of sleep, or that I have a terrible memory. Self-denial? Well, in order to lie smoothly, one has to lie to one own self first...