Ocean soul
~Nightwish, Ocean Soul
Just came back from Chia Soon Kelong, and I'm damn tired. Heck, I didn't get much sleep, so I'm probably going to collapse later on. I love the sea, all its faces, and it's unpredictable states. Maybe it's because I'm more of a water type person, but I can really relate to the song above, and while I was at Kelong, this keep singing on in my head. I'm not sure if Eva's guilty for that, but since I didn't bring my iPod, coz my mother thinks I will definitely lose it. Haizz, how nice to be trusted.
I learnt how to play mahjong and Jack Rummy. The former is obvious, right? The chinese game with pictorial tiles. It's kind of hard, since I don't really know the rules, and the objective, I mean, how do you know if you won, or what? Jack Rummy was easy, played with two sets of poker cards, with four people. Hah, I managed to win a few rounds for a beginner.
The food was delicious, I love the seafood. Mmm, and the view was lovely. The greyish-blue sea water, gently lapping waves, with large white clouds floating freely against the azure blue of the sky during the morning. Perfectly lovely. Night was equally gorgeous, stars dotted the sky, and the moon shone clearly. I loved the sunset too, a slight pinkish tinge, faintly turning red, darker and darker, till the glow hurts the eyes, finally to a lavender color, almost lilac. Along with the picturesque lone boat on the sea, with a far off island as its background. I wish I had a camera then, but nah.
ZiYi and the others were fishing with their dad, but they didn't really catch anything much. The guy in charge said it was because at these times, the fish would go deeper within the water, where it was supposedly warmer or something, hence fishing rods wouldn't work too well. He then showed us how they used the nets to go deep inside to catch the fish.
It was a pity that it rained this morning, or else we could have seen the sunrise, but the clouds blocked out everything. The breeze after the rain was nice though, gentle and calming. The boat trip back was uneventful, but very soothing, since I was tired. I only slept at like 2 plus, coz we were playing cards and the bed was damn uncomfortable. Couldn't sleep without my pillows... I have two pillows and one bolster at home. Lol, don't really need them, but I've gotten used to it already.
Overall, I had a pretty good trip, and well, I'm game for the next. Veni, Vidi, nolo in domum redire [I came, I saw, I don't want to go home] Lol, my variation of 'I came, I saw, I conquered'