There and Back Again
[ 20:29 ]
Being underaged sucks, especially when you can't look older then your age. Just came back from Genting yesterday, and well, Genting being the nearest gamblers' hotspot, you would get my gist, right? I can't believe that you have to be 21 to get into the casino. I mean, what's the big deal exactly? In my opinion, a casino is just a glorified arcade that caters to adults, because they are dealing with money, like the normal arcades don't. [Please note the sarcasm here]
What more can I say from this trip? Easily summed up in a sentence: I was fucking bored out of my mind, into the depths of outer space, in fact, I might even have peered into a bloody black hole. Kind of a long sentence, but that's just because I'm feeling bitchy.
24/11/06 [night] 25/11/06 [morning]
The bus was late. Supposedly to arrive at 10 plus, it came at like 11 plus. But that's not a huge deal, except some of the biddies that we didn't know were pretty pissed off, since they waited longer then us. Anyway, all was fine, we breezed through customs and everything though the line was... well, long is probably an understatement here... Then we boarded the bus to Malaysia, it was rather comfortable, with those chairs that can tilt backwards so the passengers can sleep properly. Yet sleep eluded me even though it was already 1 plus in the morning. I can't sleep on my back, I need to sleep on my side, hence one sleepless night. I dozed lightly, jolting awake every few hours. It was nearly 7 am when we reached Resort Hotel, and our tour guide said that we can only check in at around 1 as the guests have not checked out yet. Many of the aunties dumped their things in a holding room and headed to pull a few handles at the casinos. We headed downstairs for breakfast, and feeling a little queasy from the extremely long bus ride, I made do with iced tea and refused all food. Caffeine really perks me up, like nothing else does. We wandered around aimlessly since I couldn't enter the casino, and well, my mother wanted to try her luck.
25/11/06 [afternoon and night]
The air is really fresh here, and the weather is terrific. Cold and windy and
elemental. Though it was ruined by the vehicles' fumes and people's cigarettes. Though I was pretty bored, since there wasn't anyone around my age to interact with. The cool thing was actually going to watch Tsai Chin's concert. She's a terrific singer with a wonderful voice, her covers of all those oldies had her own style heavily stamped on it, and I loved her live band. In fact, it made me want to pick up drumming even more. So, says the girl with absolutely no sense of tempo. Heh.
26/11/06
I bought a picture to hang on my wall until I know what to paint. I figured that a boy with a partially exposed chest and a fuck-me expression in his eyes was pretty inappropriate for a girl to have as a mural, even though she is liberal, it doesn't mean her family are as open. The picture depicted an autumn scene with wild birds flying. I like it, and it cost about $7.50, since my mother and my aunt haggled over it. Frankly, I believe it isn't how much the item is worth, but how much it really is worth to you. It doesn't matter if it's actually pricer, it depends on your point of view.
Okay, frankly I'm too lazy to continue writing, and since the rest is just boring history, what's the point of writing some more? So, yah...
Labels: family