An Evening With Friends
[ 23:55 ]
The ACJC concert was brilliant, and I enjoyed myself tremendously, although I kind of wished that they would perform more upbeat songs. Majority of their pieces were pretty wistful and sad, but pure loveliness of music. They were really expressive and one could feel the stories behind the songs, weaving into colors and lights through the use of words and sounds. There were some songs I didn't quite like, though it's merely my prejudice and not the lack of quality. The concert hall had great acoustics, but when it was totally silent, the emptiness kind of hurt the ears. Or maybe it's just me being overly sensitive. There's something I want to nitpick about though: the concert's title. The Esplanade's concert hall was a little too formal to be called 'An Evening With Friends', not like the cosier effect that VCH has or even SAM. But overall, I'm glad I went.
Labels: choir