With a Bang
[ 12:34 ]
>.> Wasn't really in a good mood this morning... the entire day was eaten up in dread of Mdm Yong's frightful 4 laborious hours mock exam. Even the only teachers who heard the announcement for the ridiculous thing gasped in horror. Real, unaffected jaw dropping shock and disbelief. So yeah, had no choice but to undergo her torture treatment, from 1:30 to 5:30. At least that was the time that I left at since I crapped through the stupid thing. Bloody waste of my time, I tell you. In fact, I actually fell asleep while writing, and ended up writing something that even I couldn't comprehend. Good luck to her, when deciphering my handwriting. And the room was so freaking cold that almost everyone was shivering. Half the time, I was hiding my hands in my bag, sneaking out only my right hand to write every now and then.
I think Sharon and I were among the first few to finish, and we quickly left, before Mdm Yong could think of anything to detain us further. Anyway, I had a concert to attend, and I really don't need or want to hear Mdm Yong's speeches. Rushed home, changed, grab a quick bite and I'm off again. All thoughts of homework and responsibilities were chucked to the furthest part of my mind. Like all the way to Timbuktu.
Met Kimberley punctually, unlike meeting guys who are always late. >.> And fashionably late has already become so passe. Anyway, we talked a lot on the train, from the most random to the most irrelevant. Okay, so most of them were gossip and criticisms about people... your point being?
Fine, I'm moving on, alright? Sheesh, go get some patience.
We were kind of late, because we got the tickets late... yeah, and still haven't paid Hope Mi for the tickets. We got pretty good seats, quite near the front, so everything was really clear. There were two foreign schools, from Philippines and Hong Kong. Both schools gave wonderful performances, but I kind of prefer the HK school, as they were so much livelier... all the dancing and moving around.
Temasek A Capella Group was cool, especially the beatbox thing that the guys did, but I didn't quite like the soloist, her voice was a bit too airy and the words muffled. But overall, they made quite the pretty picture.
NJC had this brilliant soprano that sang a few solo lines in the Ko Matsushita piece and her voice was damn gorgeous, so rich and so effortless, yes, I am jealous. I really really love ACJC's mermaid song to bits. They were just so haunting that I felt caught in the siren's web. And the coolest thing was that they had their alumni in the audience who stood up and sang the song along with them. I must say that we were very lucky, because there were not one, not two, but four alumni just singing directly around us, be it beside or behind. The tenor behind had this to-die-for voice, so husky and so soulful. And the soprano beside me was really good too, though I didn't really pay attention to the soprano line. I focused mainly on the male sound this time because this main melody seems to be from the guys.
The closing ceremony was kind of cheesy, with the purple and white pompoms that we used back then for the syf fiasco. There was also much balloon popping, confetti pulling, and loud mainstream music blaring away.
I got home at about 11, kind of not much of a big deal, except for the fact that there's school tomorrow, and I'm dead tired. Too bad skipping school isn't an option. Not for me anyway.
Labels: choir