Melancholy? What Melancholy?
[ 20:44 ]
I so shouldn't be watching anime at this very important time of my life, right? But this anime is seriously damn good:
The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi.
Adapted from a series of novels, this anime is actually quite short, having only 14 episodes and 6 of them being the main storyline. However, the episodes are aired in an anachronic order, so if you watch them as they are being aired in Japan, you might end up being confused.
Right, Suzumiya Haruhi, on first glance, may look like your average high schooler, perhaps a little cold and indifferent to almost everyone. But in reality, she's really quite an energetic and bright person. However, she isn't just your average student, though she excels in almost everything. Haruhi is someone unique, someone who has the potential to further evolution, or so Yuki Nagato says.
Frankly, Koizumi puts it in simpler terms: Haruhi is God. Well, she has the ability to manipulate her environments to suit her whims. In fact, three years ago, Haruhi recreated the world, in order to accommodate for aliens, time travellers and espers. Why she chose Kyon, our narrator, as her closest friend... well, remains a mystery. And I shall not give out spoilers.
Every episode is well thought out, and it's really hilarious, especially with Kyon's witty commentary. He's just so... haha. Can't describe him really. Technically, I've finished the main storyline, and am enjoying the random episodes, which I bet is funnier than the main plot.
Labels: anime.manga, freetalk