plane tickets. sorry for the blurriness. too lazy to touch up.
Even at 6 am, the airport is still bustling with life, completely unlike exterior, where the sky is still dark and few are even about. I shall skip the boring airport process because it's boring and stupid. I hate all these procedures, but they still have to be done.
yes. that is me. yes I know. I look fat. no. that is not my mother.
So... we ended up flying to Hong Kong first, than taking a transit plane to Taipei. Well... taking a plane is sort of fun in the beginning, but after a while, you do get sick of the endless white clouds and annoyingly blue sky. And in the in-plane entertainment are boring. And they keep interrupting with their lame instructions. Blah. Imagine sitting in that one seat for a few hours. If it were not for my iPod, I would have gone stir-crazy.
at the hong kong airport.
Our tour guide was already waiting for us when we reached Taipei airport. She was dressed in bright red matched with black high heeled boots. Dark red hair flowed to her waist and various accessories jingled as she headed our way.
She introduced herself as Betty, who has been in the industry for decades. Incidentally, she happens to be 60, being born in 1948. However, she looks only about in her late 30s to 40s. Which she attributes to her careful maintenance. Anyway, she's really one of the most interesting person that I have met. Trained in mediumship, holds a degree in Buddhist studies, speaks fluent French and not so accurate English, as well as a whole smattering of dialects and Taiwanese, she has also taken up almost all jobs except whoring. She's really straightforward in her speech and speaks her mind very freely.
It was probably already late afternoon when we reached Taipei, so we headed straight to our first stop.

it's a harbor, but I can't translate the name...

I need a Moo Ryong to tell me: "Smile, smile. That's a smirk. Smile."
I think the temperature is about 17 degrees. And it's super windy. The reason why my hair's not flying all over my face is because I'm facing the wind's direction. The sky's also pretty dark though it might not appear so in the picture. [ I upped the exposure levels of the photo or else everything would have been too dark to be seen; I claim artistic license]
After that, dinner was next, and we were treated to a taste of Taiwan's famous street food.

crammed in a tiny shop eating noodles and ah 'gek' [pronounced like that or something]
Ah, the food's pretty decent. But not really to my taste, being too unusual. The specialty dish of Ah 'Gek' was just too weird, vermicelli in bean curd skin soaked in sweet gravy. Eww... it's like a mix of salty and sweet... Not something that I like at all...
So, not feeling exactly full yet, we went to the hotel that we would be staying for this night.

the hotel that we stayed at on the first night
Too bad I didn't take a picture of the bathroom, but it was really large. There was a gigantic jacuzzi bathtub that could fit two people comfortably and a shower/steam area that was neatly separated from the bathtub by glass panes.

because we really weren't full from dinner. too... unusual for us. yes. those are my aunts.
It was a fulfilling supper, so after a quick chat with the other fellow tourists, we then headed back to our respective rooms for a relaxing bath. And I sort of ended up flooding the bathroom, as the sprays of water from the jacuzzi was simply too strong. Ah well, it's not my house anyway...
They have tons of tv channels, and majority of them are in chinese, however, I did stumble upon various anime channels, and ended up rewatching Samurai X, Full Moon wo Sagashite. And only slept at like 1 am. Imagine that, going on a holiday, only to remain hooked on tv...