[2] The record of the highest number of shoes presented to a customer is currently set by me, at 8 pairs. All of them from Loake brand. Thanks to a very stringent wife. The husband was actually all, 'Hey, this look pretty decent, that one too. This one should be fine'. But the wife was like 'Look, there's a crease there already. Dear, try this one instead. That's not nice.' And who's the one paying and wearing these shoes? Like what's wrong with letting him decide what the heck he wants on his feet? It's not going to affect your life... not when the husband's soooo whipped. Hah.
[3] I have more 'boyfriends' at work than in my entire career of education. Sad. Very sad. And by boyfriends, I mean assumed ones, like you know, the stupid rumors that float around even when you have done naught to provoke them. Yeah. Just because I have lunch and go home with a particular person doesn't make us a couple. And just because I might talk to someone for longer than an hour doesn't automatically make him my boyfriend. And just because someone starts asking and swapping personal stories doesn't put us in a relationship. Yeah. Each example is from a different guy. And there are some other random encounters that I didn't add in because I barely consider us as friends, let alone anything more.
[4] The number of people with a name starting with an 'A' is actually quite a lot, in my area. There's Aishah, Ain, Alan, Adam and Ariff (think wrong spelling, lol). And how many of us are there in total? 10 of us. So yeah, they make half already. Luckily no one has yet to break out the stupid 'Adam and Eve' jokes or I'll maim them terribly.
[5] Because the men shoes' department is actually large enough to be splitted into two, there are two areas. The music in my area loops quite frequently and are always euro-dance tracks mixed with popular R&B stuff to poppish music to the really sleep-inducing ballads. Sadly, the other area which is practically just next to mine, has unidentified classical music. I don't know which is worst when you're working...
[6] Murphy's shitty law extends to shoes as well. A customer with extremely large feet walks in, he finds himself attracted to shoes that are only available in sizes too small. Yet when another with tiny feet walks in, he finds shoes which caters not to his small feet. I have at least 5, 6 encounters with such people. And they lament over the fact that either they can't fit in majority of the shoes, or majority of these shoes are waaaaay too loose.
Labels: work





























