When Bad Luck Strikes
[ 20:39 ]
... all you can do is to... grit your teeth and say, 'fuck you'. If today was my first day at work, I would be so demoralized by today, seriously. (sighs)
WARNING: RANT AHEAD. EXPECT FOUL LANGUAGE (oh wait, that's a given)
My boss messaged me early in the morning, telling me not to do stock taking yet. Instead, I should call her first. I did as instructed. And found out that, joy oh joy, I had a bigger task at hand. Due to reasons not released to this lowly worker, I needed to pack certain sizes of a certain design, fill in stupid paperwork, and wait for some uncle to pick it up and send it to
outer space, I hope somewhere else while he adds other stocks to the already very full and extremely messy store room. Then I
can need to do stock take.
I began this... consignment mission at 10:27 am. And I am so fucking pleased to announce that I only completed the damned task at 12:52 pm. Exhausted, not really... and bored, I sought conversation from my fellow allies, Ain, Alan and Adam, the triple As, haha. Only to have my manager spot me slacking. She sort of reprimanded me, that no matter how important the conversation is, (don't know whether she was being sarcastic or not) you must
ALWAYS attend to the (oh-so-godly) customer.
She then made me haul out the stupid stock cards and began counting the stocks available. Like if you have 24 designs in your stock, you need to have 24 designs on display. Which apparently I didn't have, and how the fuck would I have known, since I haven't been in for like a week?! I'm no psychic and the stupid Robinsons management completely rearranged everything and kept the damned display items. So yeah, after she left, I had to do useless rearrangement. It was already 2 then, so the others made me go for lunch first... before returning. Blah, as it was already so late, I had to go alone. No one to vex my frustrations on!
That done, I had a relatively peaceful time until my next streak of bad luck hit.
This freaking
SOB stomped up to me and immediately went: I bought a pair of shoes yesterday but it was the wrong size, can I change it?
A little stunned by his suuden appearance I answered: Erm, you might want to check with the counter...
Him: *stares at me with
NO COMPREHENSION in eyes*
Me: *blinks at him, thinking 'wtf? is he an idiot or what?'
Then this SOB had the audacity to roll his eyes,
YES HE ROLLED HIS DAMNED EYES, and flounced away, saying 'Come on, let's go' to his friend.
Stupid or what? I was speaking in English, yet he didn't understand. Or did he needed a hearing aid and no one gave him that for Christmas because he fucking can't hear!
Justin told me that he later overheard them badmouthing me when we are on the train. I was all like
WTF! That bitch! (I don't care that he's male!) I'm sure you're sorry for being brainless and deaf. Here,
have an arsenic-laced cookie. Don't get lost on your way to hell now. It's just down below.
Yeah, and fuck you too.As soon as that was over, this pair of foreigners beckoned towards me, asking me to bring out two pairs of different shoes in different sizes. Alright, easy, right? No. The first one was easy enough, but the second pair was a display item, meaning that only one side was in the box, while the other is probably just somewhere around the store for all I know. Yeah. The problem? I couldn't find the other side! It's like missing! The customers had to wait around... luckily they didn't seem too pissed off and were polite about it. I'm sure that were they locals, they would be complaining and all that for making them wait. In the end, I managed to locate the missing shoe and hence, completed the mission for this time. Yeah, they bought both pairs, though I earn no commission.
If I thought that the worst had passed, sadly I was very very wrong. The next task came soon enough. Two guys asked for a pair of shoesfrom Clarks, and because they knew not the exact size that they wanted, I was told to get both sizes, 8 and 9. Alright, that seemed simple. However, I underestimated the messiness and careless arrangement of the shoes. I brought out the wrong things! A box contained the wrong color, the other the wrong design. I cringed and apologized. They were forgiving enough. I went back and on my second try, I was still embarrassed to discover that this time, both designs were wrong! I went back a third time and finally managed to locate the right ones this time. But in the end, they still didn't buy them. Oh well, I don't care. Not my brand.
Yeah, today's performance was just bad. Way bad. I hope that all the bad luck would just strike now, so that on Thursday,my luck will be extremely good. (: Haha, like that would happen.
SNIPPETS OF WORK HUMOR
Customer: Can you get me a size 42 for this?
Alan: I... think... there's no size 42 already.
Customer: That's not funny.
Alan: ... I'm not kidding.
My record for highest number of shoes taken out has been toppled yesterday!
A whooping number of 14 pairs, served by Alan, haha. Poor guy.
This customer, he came in and started looking around, briefly glancing at several pairs.
He beckoned towards Alan and started instructing him to bring out certain designs in certain sizes.
So he brought them out. Meanwhile the guy had glanced at other shoes, and asked if they were made in Asia. Receiving an affirmative, he then asked Alan to bring out 4 more pairs.
And so he went. Then the guy asked another question, holding up two shoes of different colors, one black and one brown. He asked, "Do you think brown is nicer?"
Alan tactfully replied that it was okay. Which the guy then replied by asking him to bring out another 4 different pairs all in the color of brown.
What a picky person...
Labels: people, rant, work