Love
[ 19:07 ]
Traicit et fati litora magnus amorA chemical reaction, falsely real,The power to hurt, the power to heal.Only when induced love is returned,Is the mockery of the potion spurned.The above was of course NOT written by me. I can hardly rhyme to save my life. This was taken from a Harry Potter fanfiction I read recently, concerning the use of a love potion.
In wicca, that's my religion, love potions were generally scorned by many. Firstly, the giver knows that the love the taker feels for him/her is only induced, and it was not real. It's just a form of lying to oneself.
I think that by loving someone, a part of you is given to that person, and he/she can hurt you or heal you with it. They're that powerful, because they know you so well, that they know what will hurt you the most, or cheer you up. It doesn't apply to love only, friendship, even hate, is the same. After all, there's only a fine line between love and hate.
Labels: writing