Popcorn's Visit
[ 18:22 ]
Okay... So the title's kind of misleading, isn't it? Well, translate 'popcorn' to chinese... remind you of something yet? No? You can check Wednesday's chinese newspaper; there's this section called Popcorn written for teens.
The reporters from the paper came over and interviewed some of the students. God, I was so embarrassed! There was this guy, Sec 4, I think, he doesn't even know the chinese word for astronaut, please, the word isn't difficult at all. A primary 4 kid can probably tell you the answer without thinking at all! And there's this prefect, she didn't even bother to answer in mandarin, instead everything was in english. Missy, the program's a chinese talk show, not english!
The event that probably perked everyone up was Tanya Chua's performance. I'm not a big fan of hers, heck, I haven't really heard her songs, but she does sing some nice songs, from the three that I heard. She invited Chen Feng, the vice-head prefect to go on stage to sing, and he complied. And the suprising thing was that he actually sang "The Phantom of the Opera"'s Think of me. The female part, and it's real high. Now that's impressive.
Labels: school life