Writing Competition
[ 19:38 ]
I was nominated by Mr Cheng for this English Essay Writing Competiton hosted by lingoschool.com along with some of my classmates. Aishah, Xiao Qian, Mei Xin and Mei Qiao (she voluteered). Actually Julinda was supposed to be in too, but she was sick...
There were like 5 topics there, and I chose the title "A Haunting Tale". Basically my story would have made better sense if they could link my idea to a very simple story that most of us would have read in our childhood days. Alice in Wonderland.
I made Alice a fae, trapped in the mortal realm, needing
powerful human souls to return her to Faerie, and the March Hare her slave for luring humans to her lair.
It was a pretty simple and straightforward story, and I don't think I will get very high marks. So I won't be getting the $300 nor would I get the second or third prize, $200 and $100 respectively.
Labels: school life