Camping... the Horror!
[ 23:49 ]
Finally, I'm back to civilization! I've missed my home soo much these past few days. I won't ever take for granted my toilet, my bed, my clean house and of course, my computer! The three days were terrible for me. I mean, I'm such a pampered pansy, and suddenly, I'm thrusted into the wild, it's hard for me to survive just like that.
Heck, I couldn't even build a proper tent! We were grouped in sevens, with a group having six, which consists of the six guys. Amirah, Mandy, Aishah, Atiqah, Izzaty, Ellysa and I were together, since Chin Ming was sick and couldn't make it. 7 people didn't attend, Chin Ming said, along with Jia Ying, Sharon, Shu Wen, Min Fang, Yan Hua and Hong Ling.
The toilet facilities were downright gross. I didn't dare to use it much, in fact, I have only stepped into the toilet for less then five times! Urgh, and the food, no matter how good tasting it is, I lost my appetite after seeing the swarms of houseflies gathering around all over the place, on the food, tables and garbage areas. Bleargh.
The team building exercises were simple, a little messy, but average, I guess. We worked pretty well together since most of the people are followers with a few leaders.
Second day started off pretty badly, since we woke up at about 4
am just to shower. The water was icy cold; very refreshing, but still cold. After that shower, I promptly went back to sleep. God, the floor was damned hard, and there are just too many people in a tent [7] to be comfortable! I have to be really careful not to kick anyone in my sleep, or get kicked by my tent-mates. Apparently, Ellysa snores, while Izzaty mumbles in her sleep...
I hate mountain climbing, especially the descent. I was quaking in my shoes while climbing down. I had this recurring dream when in my primary school days that I would be running down staircases or escalators, and with each step, I would get faster until I start to fall and before I hit the ground, I'm awake. God, it happened almost everyday! That had given me a fear of going down stairs. Mandy, was plainly unaware of dangers, skipping down the rocks, jumping here and there. She tripped over a stone, and fell down a few rocks, and finally landed on her butt neatly onto a stone. And then she continues on her way as if nothing happened...
Amirah was very unhappy, I can tell from her downcast expression, those brown orbs of hers filled with unshed tears glittering in the torch light. [lolx, very drama] Anyway, she got injured, quite a lot, and we can tell that she didn't enjoy herself. Myself, I was sunburned, scratched, cut, bumped and well, now aching all over, with my skin on fire. I never wanna go camping again!!!
The nightwalk was pretty fun, us getting to see the stars, except that Aishah was night-blind. I love the dark, it hides everything... [Eva trained me well, I guess]
Labels: school life