Trip to Little India
[ 20:15 ]
Went down to Little India for my literature workshop, which meant that I had to wake up early. [6 am, because Eva's an ass] I arrived at school at about 7:45, and they didn't even had the decency to start punctually. We were supposed to start at 8 am, but dragged to 10 minutes later due to late-comers. Bloody inconsiderate plebians. -->> that was... a little harsh though...
We had a 'roti prata party' coughlamecough, and I gave half of my share to Atiqah. It was too early in the morning to eat such oily food, besides I had breakfast already. Ellysa and the others were amused by my eating habits; I used the wrapping paper of the food to keep my hands from contacting with the roti prata. Hey, is it a crime to keep my hands clean? Anyway, it's more hygienic this way. I didn't drink the soya bean milk though. Yuck.
Finally, we departed for our destination at 10 plus. Chin Ming threatened to vomit, thanks to that disgusting
warm soya bean milk she had. Eva replied her with a death threat, and unfortunately, Ms Tang heard her, so yeah. 'How violent,' she says. As if, wait till you truly live with her, you'll be shocked, and I have quite a high threshold for violence.
Well, off to happier, and safer, topics. I had henna done on my hand for $1, and I bought a henna cone too. I wanted to try out some tattoo designs I saw on the net while casual surfing. The design the henna woman did for me seemed to be a peacock, but I'm not that sure. It's rather simple, compared to those who had theirs done by the male. But hey, simple is elegant. Yeah, whatever.
The parrot astrology seems a little fake, and Ms Tang advised me to just listen and not think too much of it. Honestly, I have no objections towards fortune-telling, but I think tarot or ancient runes would be better tools of the trades. Parrot astrology is rather... cruel to the bird. The astrology locked the two parrots in such tiny cages that they could barely spread their wings. The poor birds, meant to be free and flying, not caged up for humans' amusement.
Little India was fun. Ms Jamie, I think, was quite interesting. She told us a lot on Hinduism, which would be important to my pagan studies, since Hinduism is counted as a pagan religion. The temples were highly fascinating, and I wished I had a chance to study their rituals. Ah, well, maybe next time. After all, I do have the time, leisure and interest.
Labels: school life