Show Day
[ 00:50 ]
Finally, the day dawns, the one I was so
patiently waiting for. Yeah, I like performing, that must be my Leo side talking. Ya know, all da bright lights, people watching, etc. Anyway, I just came home not long from NTU, and I think I caught a cold already. Yes, the place was freezing cold, and due to lack of sleep and exhaustion, my immune system has weakened, therefore, a cold.
We were given $50 seats, and mine was at H18, the center row, but sadly... it was poached by this guy and well, didn't want to cause a scene by arguing with him, so I ended up arguing with Eva instead.
We were there since around 8 am, though we didn't really do much, except be bored outta of our minds. We hung around the auditorium, listening to the briefing that was not for us. We did practise, though not for very long. We had a technical run after lunch, which was complete crap, trust me. After singing the first sentence of each song, we finished, and left to watch the run.
At around 3 plus, we went backstage to change. Black shirt, black pants, pink bandana, check. So next step, make up. Okay, frankly speaking, I don't really like cosmetics. Well, I am slightly partial to eyeliners, mascara and eyeshadows, and basically anything that glitters. Argh, I cannot stand lip stick and lip gloss, they tasted bitter. Though I did like the glitter hair spray and the whatever glitter thingie on our eyes. Wei En was really cute, she ran around, chasing her 'enemy', wanting to spray glitter on his hair, but said boy refused, hence running commerced.
We ran through the two songs with Mr Liew on the stge where the piano was. Kimberly got, well, not exactly scolded, just talked to, since she wasn't concentrating well. She was feeling ill too, flu was contagious. After that was dinner, please, I rather spend my own money for better food at Canteen A, then eat such food. Then, we had a mic test, which didn't last very long.
We were ready at 7 plus, so we hung around the corridor, talking, until Mr Liew instructed us to close our eyes, and rest. At about 7:40, when Hope Mi and Eric finished their instrumental piece, we walked onto the stage. And we sang. I nearly forgot my lines in 'Love Changes Everything' but everything was fine. The audience were nice, clapping for both songs.
Then we went backstage and had a little misunderstanding, due to a slight change of plans. But in the end, it was sorted out, and during the interval, Mr Liew had a little impromptu meeting with us. He gave us two lollipops each as a little treat for our performance, thankee! Yes, I have a large sweet tooth.
Afterwards, we went back to the auditorium and took our seats since it was during the interval. I sought out Mandy and Chin Ming, who laughed at my make up. Then I talked to Amirah for a bit, and found that Aishah didn't come because she was sick.
Jeremy kind of like forgotten his lines during the bizzare bazzar part, but he regained his footing in a split second. Phew. The show was kind of boring, since I already knew the whole story. But I must say, the dancing was splendid, Hope Mi was really good, didn't know that she could dance so aggressively.
Anyway, we went back to school via bus after the whole show ended, and I took a bus home. Then, I saw my second brother waiting for me, apparently, my mother was worried. However, since I only reached Yew Tee at like 11 pm, I was one hour late, so he wasn't pleased at all. As soon as I got home, I went for the remote. Inuyasha was on! Yup, I'm an anime fan through and through. Only gotten to writing this post now... probably only going to sleep at around 2 plus, due to my wet hair and adrenaline.
Labels: school life