Violence Overrated
[ 02:33 ]
My paranoia is working up, and I'm feeling twitchy, jumping at shadows and strange noises. I just finished watching Sin City. Grr, I will never look at Elijah Wood in that innocent light anymore. His role as Calvin scared me to death, even though he never even said anything in the whole movie. Elijah Wood, the hobbit with those adorable blue eyes... and now, the scary psychopath who doesn't feel pain.
Sin City consists of 3 stories, and yeah, it really lived up to its rating: R21. Yeah, I'm underaged, so what? It's violence, not other taboo stuff. The first story wasn't that gross, the rapist got what he deserved, but it was a pity he had an influential father, hence he wasn't convicted, and the blame was shifted to the cop who was the hero! It was so unfair!
The second story got to the most goriest one, Marvin was totally psycho, and that was when my illusions on Elijah Wood got destroyed. He was like, a monster in the story, killing the hookers and eating them, a cannibal. Sadly, Marvin died in the end...
The third, well, the violence was toned down, thankfully. My brother told me to think of this movie as something like a parody, having exaggerated violence, but I couldn't, 'coz the people were that pitiful. Man, I was fingering the pentacle I had around my neck all the while.
Luckily, we watched Fawlty Towers before I went to sleep, or else my sleep would be dominated by nightmares. Goddess, I won't ever watch this kind of movies before I sleep anymore.
Labels: movie