|evelyn|ravenxeve|
16 going on forever || 23/7/91
ravenxeve@gmail.com DLSS||KSS||ajc
this is me forever
9/16/2005
Mid-Autumn Festival[ 23:29 ]
Personally, I like mid autumn, the moon is really beautiful, and we get the perfect excuse to set things on fire. [Eva's the pryo though] But the fact that I have to go back to school and set up some lame booth, well, I don't like that part.
This celebration is also part of our Service-Learning. Some crap that I can't be bothered with anyway. We had to be back at school by 4:30, and help with the setting up and the various preparations. Geez, there was sooooo much things to do. [note sarcasm, please, I beg of you.]
I was part of the group involved in jelly making, and the jobs included making, packing and selling. So, like a good little puppy, [too much Seto/Jou fanfics] I started to walk around, trying to look for friendly-looking people who will buy from me. You know, it's kind of funny that whenever you manage to sell something by just the persuasion of your tongue, you'll feel this sense of achievement... okay, digressing here.
Haha, Mandy was forced to dress up as the Jade Rabbit sine she's the smallest with the exception of Esmond, in the class. She was absolutely against the very idea, but due to her 'feud' with Sheryl, she didn't dare to express her intense objection. The costume was made by Sharon and her group. Lol, she looked really ridiculous. I wish I had a camera then, as it was such a Kodak moment. Sigh, one should not make his friends the butt of a joke.
The performance was pretty good. Tang Jie can really sing, but the pity is that she can't control herself, and ends up dominanting the song, causing Mei Qiao and the others their wrath.Mei Qiao is a pretty good rapper, and her voice can sound really guyish. I can't, it's like duh, I have an out and out girl voice. Digressing again... Esmond and Jun Pei have nice voices too. But sadly, I can't say the same for Mervin and Alan. I'm not putting them down, but due to natural voice breaking, they sounded scratchy, hence I criticise. The sec 3 dancers were good, but boring. They were dancing the same thing as the one they did in the dansical. Following up was this peel pomelo competition, but I wasn't paying attention; Hongling had asked me to accompany her for something.
Mr Cheng was mean... he blackmailed me into taking a photo just to get him to buy something... [hidoi!] Hah, we managed to get a picture of him and his girlfriend, which is also equal to blackmail material.
We had to stay till about 10 plus, and that does not include cleaning up. By the time I got home, it was already so late. My brother came downstairs to wait for me, coz mother made him do it. She's more paranoid then me. The sad thing was that I was starving, coz I had no money to buy food, and I missed lunch and dinner. So, I had to resort to eating fried rice, which was pretty good. Add in a dose of good anime, well, I have no complaints.