Tragedy?
[ 02:19 ]

I can't find a suitable genre for Moon Child, the movie I have waited so long to watch. At first, I was drawn to it due to my Gackt-sama craze, then I learnt Hyde was in it too, and my enthusiam doubled, since he's a brilliant singer. However, when I read reviews, I read a lot criticizing their acting, so I was rather apprehensive.
Sho, played by Gackt, is way cool, but it can definately be improved on. I prefer him with short blond hair and in more leather. Kei, played by Hyde, is just the way I imagined him to be, his hair gelled nicely, mullet style. He's like 37, born on 29th Jan, but damn, he looks like a twenty year old teen idol! Gackt should be around his age, a bit younger as rumors said that he's 32. So, it's unfair how come they still look so glompable.
However, please Gackt and Hyde, don't pursue a career in acting, coz you sing waaaaay better then you act. Honestly, sometimes I cringe whenever Sho starts to act up, while Hyde tries too hard to play the angsty Kei.
The story jumps around a lot, and is slightly predictable, but the action is pretty cool, except for the fact that it's rather unrealistic, blood is supposed to splatter when you shoot someone in close contact, and it's almost impossible to fire rapid sounds singlehandedly without hurting your hand, even if you practised a gazillion times each day, and bullets are supposed to run out, how many rounds can a normal gun shoot?
Wang Lee Hom was in the movie too, but his role wasn't that important, though his character was well developed enough for a minor character.
Labels: movie