Orals
[ 21:49 ]
I hate orals, totally detest them from the bottom of my blackened, bloody heart. And no, I'm not exaggerating, okay, well maybe a bit... but I still can't stand them, both english and chinese.
The Chinese oral was held yesterday, at 8 am. Damn, if gods meant for us to wake up early, they wouldn't have made it so difficult. With Eva muttering vague obscenities in my ear, good morning seems like one of the greatest oxymorons in this 'verse. I trudged sullenly to school, definitely not looking forward to the oral exam. It seemed that we were lucky enough to get Ms Christabel Lim, as she is not as strict as Mdm Yong. I needed as much leeway as possible, with my atrocious social and language skills. The reading was alright, not very good or what, since I had quite a few mistakes, awkward pauses, wrong pitch and a monotone voice. The conversation part completely took me by surprise, since the passage had been about medicial stuff, while the topic for the conversation was on racial harmony. Stuttering out a few lame sentences, she smiled and dismissed me. Not my best performance, I must say.
English... well, my examiner this time, was Mr Cheng. And I screwed up the whole picture discussion, by first, having
really long awkward bouts of silences, in which I was hoping Mr Cheng would prompt me, and I lost control over my laughter, and yeah, basically just laughed in his face. Yup, there goes my marks... down the drains and washed away by the rain. The conversation was
bad. The first question was about grandparents, and both my paternal and maternal grandparents are six foot below the ground before I could even talk or walk. Yes, death has a habit of following me. I repeated quite a few points, and just used the most basic of vocabulary... probably won't be anticipating any good results for the oral...
Labels: school life