she sits on the divan, her face composed.
black is her attire, her desire.
her veil, draped across the features,
a fine silk of spiderweb threads.
wilted flowers make a bouquet.
wilted petals scattered on her hair.
pale strands of golden white
cascade loosely, a sharp contrast
eyes piercing and focused,
look upon the shadows unblinking.
where has her thoughts gone to?
where did her soul fly to?
a gown upon her,
unwrinkled and lovely.
but crimson has destroyed it,
or did it bring out its beauty?
a black wedding.
vows' breaking.
a heart dying.
an illusion disappearing.
did you heard the wedding march
echo through the house just now?
she has been waiting for so long,
just when is he arriving?
Okay, this isn't too hard to understand, right? I hope it's not too cliche though. Basically, I got the idea when I was in a salon, cutting my hair, and I overheard two hairdressers talking about somebody dressed in all black, attending a function, which I inferred was a wedding. Hence, the title. However, I'm sure there were no one dying there, though this poem talks about the betrayed lover who was murdered by her fiance.
EDIT: OMFG! I fucking forget that today's Eva's birthday! >.< style="font-style: italic;">thought that counts, and I did put in effort... Anyway, here's to a wishing you a happy birthday, and I still don't know how old you are?!?! WTF, when are you going to reply this question? >.>