We're gonna have a gothic christmas
That is what we'll do
We're gonna have a gothic christmas
Hope you'll have one too
Santa's going to wear a black dress
Just for me and you
Santa's going to grunt in latin
and slay a dragon or two
Rudolph, he will change his name
'Cause Rudolph just sounds pretty lame
Now we'll call him Ragnagord
The evil reindeer overlord
His nose it shall be red no more
It will be blackened to the core
His eyes will glow an evil glow
To guide the chariot through the snow
We want to wish you a gothic christmas
We want to wish you a gothic christmas
We want to wish you a gothic christmas
We want to wish you a gothic christmas
We're gonna have a gothic christmas
That is what we'll do
We're gonna have a gothic christmas
Hope you have one too
We want to wish you a gothic christmas
We want to wish you a gothic christmas
We're gonna wish you a gothic christmas
Hope you'll have a gothic christmas too
~ Gothic Christmas by Within Temptation
Haha, no, this song is real, I assure you, by the ever so talented gothic band, Within Temptation. This has been a pretty good year, no casualties, not much bloodshed... well, hopefully this will continue on to next year, I need all the luck I can have.
Woke up at about 8 am, and started to re-arrange my music collection, because I'm anal like that, I have to have every song labeled correctly. That's the bad thing about reformating the computer; you'll have to redo everything. I think I lost my Vampire game... though it was no big deal, since I had already gotten bored of it. Short attention span, heh.
We were supposed to reach my aunt's house at around 12:30, but my mother lost track of time while pottering around with her plants, and no one bothered to rush her, so we ended up being late. Hailing a taxi at this period of pretty hard, so we wasted more time.
The others [my relatives] had already started eating, so we joined them promptly in the feasting. I hate turkey though >.<, it's too tough... it's as bad as eating pork, which I hate... but the other food were good. [Hmm, broccoli. Haha] After satisfying our hunger, my brothers and I, along with the kids, adjourned to the living room to watch tv, which was showing the lamest movie in existence, 'Crocodile 2'. Heck, even the title sounds stupid. Basically, it's about this bunch of people, with the exception of the two main characters, everyone gets picked off by a gigantic crocodile who happens to have develop a liking for human meat and has super tough hide and super speed. And in the end, all it takes to kill this creature was by pouring two cans of gasoline in the water, add a spark, and the water explodes. Wow, science is over ruled here, and there, the crocodile dies, finally. After being stabbed in close range, fired at with shotguns, it can be put out of its misery... darn, I digressed again! I was supposed to be writing about my Christmas Eve, not discuss some B-rated action movie disguised as a comedy.
Moving on, after the long and stupid ending of the movie, we had to endure the photo slideshow torture by my uncle. I think my irrational dislike of photo taking is stemmed from his love of taking photos. Do I make sense? I certainly hope so. Anyway, the entire thing consists of 500 photos, which would have been 700, if the tv could fit that much in its drive. So, if every photo needs 3 seconds to flash through, 500 photos would take nearly 50 minutes. OMG, the horror!
Half-way through the viewing 'delight', my cousins started their mini-concerts, which consisted of them performing for us. Si Jie finally performed two short pieces which were taught to him by Si Min, seeing that he has never taken lessons, he's quite good. Si Min then continued with 3 popular chinese songs which were executed quite well, except that she really does like to bang on the piano, and there were hardly any feelings expressed within the songs she played. After that, we were serenaded, not! by them with two christmas carols, and the bloody thing finally ended after half an hour.
The logcake that they bought was really pretty, snow white [cream] house with brown [chocolate] picket fences, and Santa along with his reindeer standing on the roof. Anyway, after a long photo session with the cake, we finally got to eat it. >.< and yup, it was delicious. However, I didn't dare to take more then a tiny slice, since it's creamy and all, my weight will definitely increase... T_T My cousin, Eileen, got scolded by my mother for devouring an entire section of the chocolate fence, because she's already quite plump, and has recently spent a bomb on slimming foods and treatments. She had also made two boxes of chocolates, one with 70% alcohol, the other box safe for underage consumption. Not daring to try my luck, I merely took one and stopped.
After hanging out for a while, we then made to leave; my second brother had made plans, while my mother and I were invited to this church thing by her English teacher. And of course, my eldest brother had a 'date' with his computer. Okay, since it was raining quite heavily, we opted to catch a cab. Reaching home at around four plus, I swiftly tore into my presents!
I have received two shirts, a lovely bracelet, two handphones pouches, a handphone stand and a notebook. Not a lot, but enough, seeing that I don't really have swarms of relatives on my paternal side.
The church thing was a complete disaster, we were fashionably late by an hour, arriving at 5pm when the event started at about 4. As we were both obviously not christian/catholic/protestant/whatever-other-labels, we don't really fit in, and there wasn't anyone we knew with the exception of the teacher, who was apparently enjoying the concert, with her mobile phone switched off. We hung around for about half an hour, then decided to skip out of the whole thing. My mother left a message on her teacher's phone, then we went on to Lot One. Hmm, I bought some new clothes [again], coz I'm planning to revamp my closet completely.