choral exchange
[ 20:12 ]
It started off badly for me; dead tired, I could hardly even open my eyes against the weak rays of the sun. Gods forbid that at 6:45, the sun is shining brightly. No, of course not. Lazing around wasting time, I managed to drag myself to school before 8:30 so that I wouldn't have to suffer the consequences of being late.
Due to my fatigue, I wasn't in the best of mood, so having a long sectional with the tenors was not something that I looked forward to. So, after a looonnnggg practice, Kim finally let us off the figurative hook tearing through my guts and we went to get a bite.
I came back from the break quite refreshed even though the weariness was still in my bones. In a fairly good mood, I cooperated with Miss Ong as far as I could, even though I couldn't reached some notes due to my ever worsening cough. Yes, I said that I would go to the doctor, but the consultant fee... and okay, fine, I'm a bloody procrastinator. Sue me. I'll win cos I'm really a procrastinator.
Anyway, things passed fairly well, and at around 1 plus, we had lunch. Provided by the school. Yes, I'm preeetty sure that the expression on your face is anything but joy. And yes, it's mirrored by many of us in choir.
Here, an explanation shall be needed. At first, we were to go to the Yew Tee CC for our choral exchange, but midway, the organizers changed their plans, and moved the venue to Shu Qin primary school instead.
Skipping the details of our bus ride, practices, tea break etc.
Well... we were off color during performance... rushing our timings and missing the high notes. Which pisses me off. Yeah. But whatever, Commonwealth Sec was good, their sopranos had very clear high notes, and strong support, hence producing a lovely sound. Others like Nan Hua and Clementi Town were also pretty alright, and their songs were interesting too.
We ended the entire choral exchange at around 4 plus, and Miss Ong spoke quite a far bit to us. Miss Cherie Ong did not seemed overly pleased though, as we knew that we were far from our original standard, but she didn't scold us. Not yet, I guess...
Reached home at like 5 plus, nearly 6, since I decided to walk due to the weather. And I found that since I left my phone on silent, I had two missed calls from my mother and ended up having to walk all the way back down to get dinner as soon as I reached the door. Heck, I haven't even touched the gate, and I went back again.
I wanted to have cockles for dinner, but... my mother didn't really let me. She was kind of agreeable, using reverse psychology instead, so I ended up eating something safe. How boring. Anyway, I'm going on 31st March with my brother to the polyclinic He's there for his teeth, I'm there to get my blood tested, since I regularly eat these seafood things. Now I can finally know my blood type... I'm guessing it's an 'O', since my mother and brothers are all 'O's, and only my father's a 'B'... But aren't 'O's so common and boring? Whatever.
Labels: choir, school life