That's All?
[ 20:48 ]
I can only give you love that lasts forever,
And a promise to be near each time you call.
And the only heart I own
For you and you alone
That's all,
That's all
I can only give you country walks in springtime
And a hand to hold when leaves begin to fall;
And a love whose burning light
Will warm the winter night
That's all,
That's all.
There are those I am sure who have told you,
They would give you the world for a toy.
All I have are these arms to enfold you,
And a love time can never destroy.
If you're wondering what I'm asking in return, dear,
You'll be glad to know that my demands are small.
Say it's me that you'll adore,
For now and evermore
That's all,
That's all.
If you're wondering what I'm asking in return, dear,
You'll be glad to know that my demands are small.
Say it's me that you'll adore,
For now and evermore
That's all,
That's all.
~ Michael Buble, That's All.
A pretty nice song, good to listen if you wanna sleep, good if you want a sappy wedding, etc, things that I don't really give a damn about. Sure, love is all well and dandy, except that eternal love? That's pushing it a bit hard, we're not characters in a storybook or something. Time is not stagnant for us, so the concept that you'll love someone, a particular person, forever, or at least until either one of you dies. That's... well it's either very cruel or very tiring, to let someone consume so much of your time and life. I can't do that, allow someone to get so close to me, and believe that they will stay there forever.
Don't know if I got trust issues or something, but perhaps, it's just what I feel about the whole thing myself. I'll die if I have to chain myself to someone else forever. It's just, things change, people change, and they'll walk in and out of your life. How do you know that you made the correct choice? How do you know when the person will just walk out? How do you know if you'll be the one walking out?
I'm quite the fickle person, so I can't see myself agreeing to this song, about liking this one single person forever. I think, of all the emotions, anger is the most useful. Anger can be a big motivator, pushing us beyond our limits because of the anger that we feel for something.
Labels: music/poem, musings