Much Ado Indeed
[ 21:59 ]
Went and attended this seminar on Much Ado About Nothing. Much Ado About Nothing indeed, the entire talk was... not overly informative. Firstly, the majority of the speaker's speech was on the handout given to us. It's not as if we're illiterate and can't comprehend the words on the handout. Next, whatever that he spoke of could be easily found on the net. Trust me, cos I searched for it before. Similarly, the Q&A session was not really well done. Many of us felt that he didn't answer us satisfactorily, instead it seems as though he was smoking through, and yeah... But hey, it also shows that Miss Lee is a brilliant teacher.
Met the others at Lot 1 at like 1 pm, then we went for lunch, and I kind of suicided myself by eating dessert, when I'm having a cough, and erm... some other problem. Anyway, we then went ahead and took 190 all the way to Far East and started walking. Wherein comes the ado, even with a street directory, we still were quite confused about the whereabouts of this RELC place. We ended up running and crossing streets haphazardly and just making a fool out of ourselves, dressed in that lime green literature t-shirt that was surprisingly eye-catching. NOT. So we arrived there, all hot and bothered and sweaty and tired and LATE!
Oh yeah, the Q&A session was peppered with stupid questions here and there. There was this guy who came up and asked whether Much Ado About Nothing was a comedy or a tragedy. And whether it's a love story or not. Honestly, many of us burst into laughter upon hearing his questions. If I were the teacher, I would be appalled to have such a ghastly student who apparently has
never read his text before or even touched the synopsis of the book, and probably has no idea the definition of comedy and tragedy.
So after the whole shebang ended, we headed back, tracing our steps. I didn't bother waiting for Sharon and Rachel, and instead went home on my own. Just wasn't in the mood for socializing, I guess. I wanted to plug my ears and drool over Tokio Hotel. Damn gorgeous boys, that Bill and Tom. >.<
Labels: school life