Northern Lights
[ 13:34 ]
His Dark Materials: The Golden Compass (titled
His Dark Materials: Northern Lights in the
UK) is a forthcoming
film based upon the first novel in
Philip Pullman's trilogy
His Dark Materials, slated for release on December 7
2007 by
New Line Cinema.
[1] The story tells of
Lyra's adventure to the far north in search of her friend. The movie title reflects the
North American title of the novel
The Golden Compass, known originally in the UK as
Northern Lights. The project was announced in February 2002, following the success of other recent adaptations of fantasy epics, and at $150 million is expected to be New Line's biggest budget project ever after a series of box office disappointments in the past year.
taken from wikipedia
OMG.
I just saw this, and yeah, the 'OMG' expression came out. I have the entire trilogy at home, in fact I had it for like five years already, and you know what, I have never ever finished it. I don't know what's wrong with me, but I'll read it for some time, totally engrossed, but before I can ever finish it, I'll put it down and don't come back to it until at least a few months and I can't even remember the plot and have to reread the entire thing. It's been going on for ages, it's like the book's jinxed or something, cos I can't even make it through the first book, and it's not as if the writing's bad. I just can't finish it. >.> Fine, I shall resolve to finish reading it before the movie opens.
Labels: movie