Exams and more exams
[ 22:50 ]
Okay, so what if I don't do well for my prelims again? I'll just go find myself a job and earn enough money to support my clothes craze.
HCL was terrible... even though paper 1 was relatively alright, but my writing were very childish and the vocabulary was simply non-existent. I can foresee an abysmal grade, which really isn't anything very surprising. Heck, I nearly fell asleep during paper 2, plowing through those sickening passages bravely. We all deserve an award or something, for going through torture for those fringe benefits...
English... well, my paper 1 was... first, my composition was recycled, from since my sec 1 days, I merely changed the names, appearances and settings, but the general plot is still the same, with the same character traits, same problems... blah. So unoriginal. >.< Paper 2 was boring... I can't say that it was very easy, yet neither was it overly difficult. It just can't be labeled.
Social Studies was a joke. I didn't really have enough time to study everything that I needed to study. I did my best for SBQ, because I knew that my SEQ was seriously very weak. Heck, I only had three factors for both my SEQ question, and most of them had little content, basically, I am hoping to smoke my way through. Add on bad handwriting, I have finally broke past my one page style of SEQ... haha.
Geography was still alright, as I knew desertification and air pollution were coming out. And as usual, I did agriculture, which was simpler than manufacturing, at least in my opinion. Probably because agriculture is more straightforward, and more interesting to me. Map work was shoddily done because I seriously didn't have much clue on what to do... 10 marks...
It will not be a shock for me if I fail A.Maths. It would be completely natural for me. Paper 1 was a killer, so many that I couldn't do... even though paper 2 was much easier, there it no way it can rescue my dismal paper 1. Anyway, I'm so bloody glad that it's over. Maths. Such a bane.
There were quite a few people who couldn't complete their work on time. Which... is surprising because most of the papers were doable, and did not need that much time actually.
Time management for me is very simple. If you don't know how to do a particular question, skip it and move on. Do questions that you can do first, leave the tougher ones for later. Once you have completed those you can do, return to the questions that you're stuck at. If you still can't do, go back and check the previous questions you have done, erasing chances of carelessness. And if you still can't do the remaining questions, pause a while and relax. There's no point stressing yourself out, you still can't do it in the end.
For subjects like Geography and Social Studies, I allocate time limits for myself. Usually, for geography, I give the first question [agriculture/manufacturing] 30 min, but if I get stuck halfway, I move on to the next section [tourism/environment] and use another 30 min, however, if I am stuck again, I move on to map, spending at most 15 min. The remaining time will be used to complete questions that were not finished from before.
English and Chinese operate on a similar concept. For Chinese letter writing, don't use more than 45 min, because it has lesser value. Usually, it's better to start with letters first as it is pretty straightforward, not much thinking required. Likewise, I do my situational writing for English first, unless I have a very good storyline as soon as I see the questions for composition. Spend no more than 40 min, as there is only 1 hr and 45 min. 5 min for thinking for your composition and use the rest of the time to write and check. Paper 2 isn't much of a problem as the time given is so much more than enough. >.< I always end up with at least 20 min. Blah.
Whew. At least tomorrow is a short day! And no exams! o(≧∀≦)o
Labels: school life