Movies Rant
[ 19:24 ]
Right, so the Simpsons were pitifully short but hilarious, and there were plenty of spoofs and gag humor. There were some pretty lame parts and parts where the humor wasn't quite showing through, but it was entertaining. And seriously random. I laughed the most at the naked!Bart and the silly song of 'Spider Pig' cropped up in my head at the most random times. Quite worth the money to watch.
I'm quite pissed to learn from my brother that Stardust is probably only going to be aired in Singapore quite late, around November. It is simply ridiculous because Stardust is opening tomorrow! Just because we're in Asia, and not some big name country... blah. If it's gonna be this way, I think I'll just watch it online already. My second brother in Australia can probably catch this easily... except that he's not exactly a big fan of Neil Gaiman even though he likes the Sandman comics... I think.
I think I might be watching Disturbia one of these days, it seems kind of interesting, and the actor is quite good looking, so should be worth my time watching... though I only have a vague outline of the entire plot thanks to Faza's sister...
For some unbeknowst reason, my brother wants to watch Ratatouille... recapturing his lost childhood? Anyway, if he's going, I'm going too! Free tickets, why not? Heh, I'm such a freeloader...
And because I'm psychic, can I predict that Secret is going to be a flop? I seriously doubt Jay Chou's acting ability... he's about as expressive as a wooden block... and unless his character is those mute and broody and moody and gloomy kind... I am skeptic of this movie. Enough said.
And why bother going to the cinema, and waste like $7 plus to watch something that's gonna be on the television screen in a year or two? Rush Hour appears to have the same formula as always: Bad guys scheme to take over the world/make tons of dirty money/ kidnap this or that politician or rich guy or someone important, in comes two very different kind of cops, and this time, there's racial diversity to make it seem more unique. Stir in slapstick humor and some snazzy kungfu moves... well... Jackie Chan's kind of old now, like 50 plus? Ah well, mix well and serve hot before the nice layer melts and we end up with a flop.
The Bourne Ultimatum could be interesting, from what I've seen from the trailers... but I'll probably not watch it. It'll be on the television screen sooner or later anyway...
Labels: freetalk, movie