Oral Fixation
[ 21:55 ]
Alright, so what if the title makes no sense and has utterly no relations to my topic? It sounds nice, and well... we had oral today. Or at least my class did.
Okay, so I'm not too sure how much of my panic was my own and how much was from channeling the nervous energy from people around me, for I wasn't really nervous on my own, only when others were around.
Today's oral examination was just plain bad. The passage was about this family who went on a holiday, only to be disrupted by bad weather. There were little much to express and was frankly quite boring. There wasn't any visible punchline, though I felt that I had gotten a hint of the joke. Personally, I think overall, my reading should be alright, and I didn't go too fast, unlike my normal speed.
Well, there wasn't much to talk about the picture, which depicted a bus stuck in the flood, with people helping to push it along. I had to be prompted, and I felt that I didn't really answer their questions too well. Conversation was a big surprise and I gave very vague answers, there simply wasn't anything creative. Luckily, I'm the first, so... yeah, the examiners wouldn't penalize me too much, right?
My examiners seemed nice, smiling quite a lot... which is either a good thing or a bad one. Apparently, there was this team that yawned blatantly, and hardly paid any attention, it must have pissed quite a number of people off. I mean, I would too, and if I don't force myself to shut up, I might even comment on their rudeness.
The previous days had simpler questions, so it's weird when ours popped up. Seriously, environmental issues? Okay, so I kind of liked that topic, but I was totally caught unprepared. I thought that it would be following the previous trend of favorites, or something equally personal, and not about current affairs. Ah well, since oral is like a gone case for me, I better focus on the other papers if I want to depend on english as my L1.
Labels: freetalk, school life