Buy Something Already, Damnit.
[ 21:00 ]
Knackered completely, the only thing I want to do is to sink onto a comfortable chair and never get up again. Okay, I exaggerated. I'm not
that tired, but only by a margin. Anyway, yeah, today was the 'glorious' first day of work in which I felt like a complete idiot as I stutter my way through questions and could only look blank when I'm asked for something not in my field of current knowledge. Yes, this mooching slacker has gotten herself a job. Not a very good job though it does pay. What am I do? Selling shoes. Glamourous job,
no? (rolls eyes)
They call it a promoter, but I felt more like a
glorified shoe fetcher. Other than fetching shoes and occasionally answering queries, I was apparently only required to stand around and look pretty. Blah. And we're not allowed to sit or slouch... it would be a total killer for my legs, to stand around for seven hours straight, were it not for my fellow ally,
Ain, who told me funny stories about silly customers that had stupid written across their faces, taught me how to slack while pretending to work so that the bosses don't get prissy. She appears to be only slightly older than me, though I didn't ask because... it just didn't seem right. Oh well. I'm not exactly a social person. But she's cool, as in she's just about as sarcastic as I can be. (:
And I now can add another 'Aishah' to the list of them that I know. It's
too common a name already... though I don't really know her as she's not around my area most of the time. And apparently, the music in the store loops all the time because she can lipsync/dance to all the songs with a
95% accuracy. By the time I ended work, I have already listened to 'Smack That' almost 5, 6 times.
Work would have been more bearable if there had been any good-looking guys, but sadly, if there were any, they eluded me... there was this one who was quite cute, with his dimples and quick smile. But... he seemed too old... I guess that he's probably nearing or is in his 20s. So yeah, no interest.
If you think women are fussy, think again. I sell men's shoes, and trust me, men are
way pickier than their female counterparts when buying shoes, and the price of one regular men's shoes, a woman can get two or three pairs for that same price. And men have more problems when buying shoes...
Customer (male): The problem with these shoes are because they are too narrow at the sides, see, my feet are broad here (points to ugly feet)Me: ... I'm sorry for that, sir. Would you like to look at other shoes? [thinking: what do you want me to do then? Cut that part away?]Customer: This shoe quite hard, huh? So different from that one (points to older version of the SAME shoe)Me: It's the material of the shoe. Don't worry, after a while, it'll become softer.Customer: But the shoe is very hard here. (points to area)Me: ... [thinking: Did you just hear what I say?!]See? Stupidity at its finest. I have now developed a grudging respect for all that work in the service line. If I ever said anything bad about them, I'm sorry. Because it's not your fault that many of the population are apparently foolish or have
VERY selective hearing.
Gods, when are the results
EVER going to appear?!
Labels: life, rant