☆ The Hush Sound
The first song that I heard from this alternative rock band was Lighthouse from the album Like Vines and I immediately loved that song. It was sort of creepy in a way, the goosebumps rising up and shivers down your spine sort of an afterthought, and I'm glad to say that the rest of the songs on Like Vines are equally lovely. Not spine-chilling, but very mellow for some. It seems that everyone takes turns to sing lead vocals for different songs which is very unique, cos normal bands will only have a frontman to do lead vocals.
Good songs to check out: Wine Red, You are the Moon, Crawling Towards the Sun and Lions Roar
☆ Patrick Wolf
Okay, I may be a liiitle biased, because Patrick Wolf is a redhead and I'm partial to them. Haha, lame reason. Nah, he's good; as in his style is very original, and there's a whimsical, lilting feel to his songs. The fact that he can play like more than 5 instruments just make him even cooler, and his wide forehead is just so endearing when he tries to hide it with a floppy fringe.
☆ Coffee
Haha, so last week's I raved on tea, hence coffee for this week then. Other than Starbucks, I'm pretty fond of Spinelli's Caramel Latte. It's a good mixture of light creamy sweetness and a slight bitter aftertaste. As for Starbucks, I want to try Caramel Hazelnut Frappucinno or Iced Caramel Macchiato. Hmmm. Lol. My mother just bought this Japanese brand of coffee back, it's pretty damn expensive, $15 for just 80g... hmm, I can't wait to try it too.
☆ Darlie Lime Mint flavored toothpaste
Okay, weird, I know. But this toothpaste is tasty! Really! The lime flavor is actually very prominent and you end up having a very cool feeling inside your mouth. Very refreshing indeed. :) And it shows that how sad my life is when I actually blog about toothpastes, haha.
☆
Pirates versus NinjasThe age old question that is so much more important whether an egg or chick appeared first! Yes, who would win if a pirate and a ninja fought each other? Personally, I'm biased towards ninjas winning because they obviously have like 1337 skills and can definitely pwned pirates with their niffy sneak attacks. Haha.
☆ Loveless Volume 8
*starry eyed* Finally! And in English too! The plot thickens and this is really where I hate hate hate Aoyagi Seimei. That damned bastard dared to hurt Soubi, carving that fucking name into his skin. And I really got to hand it to Ritsuka; running into Seimei's arms, defending him when he's the villain. Damn. And we have vulnerable Soubi who dares not fight Seimei because that bastard's words are his law, they're absolutes.
☆ Denkou Sekka Boys
I finally completed the entire series, both the original and the sequels. And damn, could Asami Tohjou sensei draw! Her characters are always so cool and yet still so realistic. I love love love Ritsu and Kodoka. But I love Ritsu more. Anyway, glad to see that in the end, there was a happy ending after all.