Good Friday...? No...
[ 19:07 ]
I wasted my Good Friday being sick... rewind. Let's start from the top.
Thursday; Leaders' Day. Yay, not.
Nursing a terrible headache, I trudged to school unhappily, with my head pounding, nose blocked and a horrid throat. Fine, off to the so-called learning institute. Missed sectionals because frankly I sound worse than a squawking chicken dying of erm... bird flu. Yeah. Normal lessons resumed and yah, I 'listened' to teachers trying to impart pearls of wisdom into our impressionable young minds. Hah! More like I listened to the voices arguing in my head on the 'best' cure for headaches.
Anyway, I suffered my way to recess, where I tried to sleep, to regain energy that I need to survive the next few lessons. But sleep eluded me, as I miserably laid my head on the table and sniffed pathetically from time to time; indications that I was still alive. Sadly. There were no medicine to eat, because I had finished them, and was still sick! Grrh, doctors nowadays, what's wrong with your medicine, why aren't they working?!
After school, I ate a piece of watermelon, for the sake of energy even though I wasn't even hungry. Lost my appetite ages ago, and it never came back. Then went for Geography IP, in which I found that I had just passed the stupid common test. Right on the mark, how good, I know, considering only like 11 people passed in total. Ms Yeo had a heart, releasing us early, at 3 pm, so we could go for our MT IP without being late. So blah blah blah, goes Mdm Yong, yada yada yada. If we had a dollar every time she opens her mouth, we'll be like millionaires in no time; she loves her voice or something. Honestly. So we did the Paper 2 test, finished it, and went off.
Choir... was terrible. By that time, erm... 4:30, my head was ergh. Just bad going to worse, spiraling into agony. Trust me, when I'm sick, I'm sick. So, changed and all that, struggled with my throat and prayed for time to fly by. Kept wanting to sit down because I was so darn tired, but we had to stand and sing. So I endured, and persevere.
Dinner was bad, but nothing off my predictions, so I only like touched the vegetables, and just threw it all away. Yes, my bad, the poor starving children in Africa, so sorry. Here I am, wasting food, there you are, begging for scraps. Please don't let me reincarnate there, please.
School events drag... always. It's like an unwritten rule; Thou shalt have to drag out every school event. Torture the students, that's why the parents pay taxes. Make us so tired out that these ADD kids won't go home and destroy the house. Anyway, we started late, we ended late. We wasted plenty of time in between. Yay. How fun. >.>
I reached home at 9:30 pm. 37.6 degrees Celsius. Excellent, this is what I get in return. Wow, am I so overjoyed by my reward. Took a quick bath, and without waiting for my wet hair to dry, I went to bed. See, I know that when one is sick, one should go sleep. Even though I think I should dry my hair first... Well, you know what they say about hindsight.
Some time later, I don't know when, my mother came in to check on me. Yeah, probably afraid that I died in my sleep or something. She took my temperature, 38.3. Great. >.< I then took a panadol, and went back to sleep.
Good Friday; NOT!
Went to Bukit Gombak again! Gee, I have never been so sick of this place. [hmm... should the pun be intended?] Went to another chinese medicinal hall. This one's bigger and nearer to the MRT station. I reached there at like 9 plus, and only saw the doctor like an hour later. Bloody expensive medicine too... I better get well or else... since I have already wasted $60 plus on medicine. Which is stupid. Yah.
Came back home, and read Neil Gaiman's Fragile Things. Couldn't really understand anything, because I wasn't concentrating. Got distracted, and decided to rest instead. What a bloody waste of a public holiday. And it's something so sacred and scarce about holidays when you're in sec 4, and it's wasted! Sigh.
[note: many of the things stated about are meant to be spoken in a mocking tone. Please don't take most of it seriously. Honestly, we don't really make sense, or wanna make sense when we're sick. So... get that pinch of salt ready.]
Labels: random, school life