Call of the Phoenix
[ 20:49 ]
Plenty of spoilers bound ahead. Read at your own risk. Or blame your eyes for being too active. But we've all read the book anyway, right?
I woke up quite early today, not because I was particularly excited about today, but because I haven't quite finished my tuition homework, and she was coming at 10. Scary, no? Anyway, yeah, could hardly listen to what she was teaching today, my mind was busy wandering off. Yeah, had an erm... very early birthday celebration today, since 23/7 happens to be a weekday, and my family's not free. Busy schedules all of us. My arse.
Reached the Cathay at like, 1:45, but there wasn't anything to eat... we haven't had lunch, since tuition ended at 12 plus, and then movie started at 2:30. So, we walked around a bit, nice place, but kind of quiet, not bustling with people, various shops barely opened. Lunch was well... overpriced. Seriously, a hotdog and a drink cost $7 plus? Way overpriced.
The entire cinema was packed with people, full house and all that. And the theater was pretty large, definitely larger then the usual. So, settled in with a drink and food. We sat back and relaxed.
Rant begins here. You are warned.
The movie... too hurried, lacks finesse, could be more subtle, was a little anti climatic. All that schmoosh and stuff. You know, in the book, Potter's hair was messy and uncontrollable. In fanon, aka fanfictions, his hair was messy in a sexy way, you know, post shag hair. So why, oh why is his hair in the movies atrocious and just downright ugly?! Ron... he was never good looking whether in the book, fanon or movie. So who cares. Hermione, good for her that she's looking pretty. Someone has to, when the other leads aren't dashing enough. Now, moving to Malfoy, in the book, he looks pointed and sharp. In fanon, he was Slytherin Sex God and Ice Prince. In the blasted movies... he looks like a bloody toad prince. >.> Granted, there isn't enough scenes of him anyway. Umbridge should get a bloody award for her brilliant performance as a... gods, I can't think of a milder word then bitch. >.> Yeah, and Helena Bonham Carter was pretty good... she reminds me of a female Jack Sparrow. Haha. The way she moves with that drunken gait. Dudley, surprisingly, with all that fats, could run quite fast. Ah, fear, the motivating factor. Congratulations to Mr Dursley, he looks more and more like a pig as the movies progresses. And Petunia, I'm sorry for seeing her in that horrendous outfit that she wore in her few scenes.
Spoilers begin here.
Sirius's death wasn't at all sad for me. I know he dies, but the movie couldn't convey the sadness of his death, nor could it bring out Harry's hatred towards Bellatrix. The young version of Severus was kind of cute, in a puppy dog way. So much better than the Snape we have a love-hate relationship with. The scene with Umbridge was priceless, and they should have added in the scene McGonagall had with Umbridge. Overall, I didn't feel Harry's anger at being left out, at being ignored. In the book, during confrontations, there were plenty of capslock used, but few were felt in the movie.
Grittier? Not exactly, the book wasn't too dark or moody, at least, I have read much worse. The scene with Cho Chang was bad... just damn annoying. And she wasn't the sneak... >.< However, the fact was that when I read the book, I can sympathize with everything that's going on, but the movie lacks that factor, that the infallible Harry Potter is actually human inside and out.
Voldemort... ugly as usual, was boring. I didn't particularly feel worried about Potter's health. Lucius and his bunch of stupid Death Eaters looked like overgrown playground bullies. >.<>.> I liked Luna though, but she could be more dreamy, more off in her world.
Ah well, sixth movie, more of Draco. Please, movie producers and stylists, even if you don't wanna turn him into Slytherin Sex God/Ice Prince, can we please then stick to the canon look?! And more on Severus as well. Yay. I kind of dread the last book, even though I am looking forward to it. Is it very contradicting? Frankly, I don't know if I want Harry to live after all. Or do I even want him to be a good guy. >.> I kind of wish to see him all powerful and living it up. Shaking away Dumbledore and all that.
End spoilers. End rant. It's safe to stop peeking from behind your eyes now.
Dinner was good, we walked to Plaza Singapura and since it was for my birthday, I was allowed to choose. Swensen's was it, since I have never really eaten there before. Seriously. We usually go for Japanese cuisine. Yeah well, change is good.
I had lamb, which was darn good, since I haven't had it for ages, more than a year in fact. I also had a root beer float and a bit of ice cream. The bill was scary though, $70 plus. Luckily, I'm not the one paying. Heh. So yeah, walked around a bit, even though it would hardly take off a bit of the weight that I would gain from that meal. Good day, all in all, but no mugging was done. Procrastinate on, procrastinate on. Sigh.
Labels: family, life, movie