Day Out (as usual)
[ 10:55 ]
Okay, so I was supposed to meet the girls at like 11:30, though I was still at home at that time. And yeah, I was late. However, even lateness did not save me from the ambush hug that they smothered me in when I arrived. No, it wasn't Aishah, it was instead Sab, Faza and Mei Qiao, and later Julitta. Right, so it has been like a month over since we last saw each other, hence, the outing. Where we swapped stories about the going-ons in our lives. Nothing very interesting from me, seeing how I merely slacked at home and mooched in front of the computer/tv/ds, while hoping my mother would treat me as invisible. But sadly, she didn't. And just like me (and every other mooching teens), Julitta too has the same problem. Sab's way luckier in the fact that her parents work the entire day, so she can mooch to her heart's content. Blah. I wish my mother would work more too. (*lightning strikes* how unfilial of me)
So yeah, we probably irritated the hell out of our fellow passengers on the train heading towards town.
The movie that we watched was Mission Sex Control, a Korean movie, which could have been good except that it tried too hard to smuggle in as much genres as possible. What started off as a comedic, light hearted show about a woman teaching villagers the pros of... family planning, aka, condoms and birth control pills, turned nasty and dramatic and sad and almost violent. Which frankly, weirds me out. Oh well.
Later, we spent quite a lot of money on arcade games that are frankly quite addictive. We sort of pooled our tokens together, in order to complete an entire game. Which I think was nearly 20 tokens in total from us all. And that's a lot of money for just one game!
After that, we went window shopping and ate junk food. Faza and I got this tub of ice cream and shared with the others, so yeah, gorged on ice cream. Can you just see the pounds that I'm plying on?!
Pity I couldn't have dinner with them, as my cousin was having her birthday dinner and I was required to attend. She turns 30 this year, old, no? Anyway, dinner was... very... reminiscent of a chinese wedding dinner. What with the suckling piglet and shark fin soup. It is also my shock and horror to find out that the 9 people spent about $500 on just dinner! Do you know how expensive that is?!
Yeah, returned home pretty late, about 10 plus, but it was a sort of fun day for me, wouldn't mind going out and having fun again. Except for the fact that my mother likes to nag at how useless I am, having fun outside, leaving her with chores at home. It's enough to drive a person mad. Oh wait, aren't I crazy already?
Labels: life, long post, movie