irony
[ 22:51 ]
... Was it just my luck or some cosmic fate telling me that, 'hey, that's no longer part of your life anymore. You need to move ahead.'
I'm not exactly a proactive person, more of the passive type, as in I'm not wont to finding opportunities and all.
The CCA carnival thing was... a missed chance. I went for the first audition for choir (even though I promised myself not to join choir again. I mean, 6 years of choir already... do I seriously want to do it for another 2 years?) And very sadly, during the testing of range, I dropped from a soprano to an alto. It was either because I was not prepared at all or the fact that I haven't been singing high notes since I left choir. And also the fact that I'm usually singing along to lower ranged songs. Oh well, no one but myself to blame anyway.
I had piano lesson at 6, meaning that I had to leave at 4:30, which the time that the event is supposed to end anyway. Except that when I was on the train, I received a call telling me to go back and face round 2 of auditions. I told her I couldn't and hence gave up my chance.
15 minutes later, my piano teacher rang me up to reschedule my lesson because she wasn't feeling well. And I was like, wtf?! I missed the chance all for nothing?! Then I thought to myself, 'Is it some higher power telling me that perhaps I need to change the familiar route to something else? Or is it some cruel joke?'
Labels: random, school life