Unleashing the Nerd
[ 20:23 ]
Spent an entire day (okay, not really the entire day but a better portion of the day) at the library. Basically I just collected a bunch of moderately interesting books (in my opinion) and sat down and read. And read some more.
I was actually hoping to read up more on interior design because I want to redo my rooms and was thinking of what to paint for my dull, dull walls. Currently am thinking of a deep green, with black and silver. Slytherin colors. (:
But couldn't find anything decent... or was I in the wrong area? Probably so, but I was too lazy to move around much when I'm carrying like 10 books at a shot. People probably think I'm super
kiasu or something... But if one looks closely, I'm like carrying 1 book on 1 subject, excluding the fiction.
Ended up reading about dreams because I have been plagued by stupid nightmares that set off my mother's worry instincts... besides, lucid dreaming has been something that I wanted to achieve since like forever. Okay, the age of five.
Then I tried researching on geniuses and how they were made, but because I suck, I couldn't find anything conclusive. Sorry, Hiroya. Guess you have to be fine-tuned longer. But hey, reading on IQ is sort of cool. I mean, the extent of Nazi cruelty... they sort of... sterilized people that they found were feeble-minded and basically shipped them off to a place and made them work... if they were unable to function 'properly' they were sent off to be killed. IQ tests
were are also damn important to the rich in America, or perhaps, everywhere. Kids as young as four have to get tested before they are considered for enrollment in the top preschools... is there even a need?!
And because the library needs more books, I couldn't find anything, anything useful on Aztec mythology. Yes, that's the next mythology I want to conquer. Not that I'm actually done with Greek/Roman/Norse/Egyptian. But I do know more than the common layman. Right.
Not to sound totally random but handwriting analysis is actually pretty damn accurate. For me, at least, since I never tried it on others, or even speak of it. My clique probably aren't into that sort of thing.
Anyway, I didn't borrow everything that I wanted to... first, Mark Haddon's Spot of Bother wasn't available for loan yet and I couldn't find Linda Grant's The Clothes on their Backs. The only bright spot was that I found Ben Okri's Starbook, but it wasn't really something that I wanted to sink my claws in...
Oh well. I shall make sure to put down more 'me' time. And the next time, I want to sit in a cafe and drink overpriced coffee all by myself as I write. Though I doubt I'll actually do it. Because of the overpriced coffee. >.>
Labels: life, mood, random